Re: [icon-users] RISC OS file type for docx

  • From: Chris Newman <cvjazz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 17:00:24 +0100

In article <31015a8b52.Brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Brian Howlett
<brian.groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 5 May, Chris Newman wrote:

> > My last Mimemap file came from Adam Richardson at
> > http://www.snowstone.org.uk/riscos/mimeman/

> > Mirror, mirror on the wall, which is the fairest of them all i.e. most up
> > to date?? I could trawl throught the two side by side & check each entry
> > but I wlould soon lose the will to live.

> !SideDiff
> <http://www.starfighter.acornarcade.com/mysite/utilities.htm#sidediff>
> would probably be of assistance here.

Had a go with SideDiff but didn't get too far as the files are very different
in that Tim's has quite a lot of comment lines (which are quite helpful in
terms of why the mappings are there & there provenance etc) & Adam's is very
"bare-bones". Thus is was quite tricky to compare them.
On the face of it, Tim's seems more comprehensive so I'm trialling that for a
while to see what happens. No glitches have occured yet.

Regards,

--
Chris