Re: [icon-users] RISC OS file type for docx

In message <528976d5bbjcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <b8fd418952.iyojohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, John Rickman Iyonix
> <rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> What is the correct RISC OS file type for a  docx file?

>> Set type DOCX gives unknown file type. If set the type to MSWORD thn EW
>> says my file is not Word 6,7 or 8.

> FWIW I use 'Archive' or simply drop the ones I've had onto !SparkFS. It
> then opens them and lets me get at the content. This probably won't suit
> everyone, but lets me get the text.

Well, if you are not interested in formatting, styles, pictures and
all the rest, then that might be OK in some cases, but if you do
receive .docx files occasionally, I wonder why you are not considering
uprading to a version of Easi/TechWriter that offers .docx import?

Martin