Re: [icon-users] Memory Full

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 15:10:46 +0100

In article <329e648352.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin Wuerthner
<lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <528356b000jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Jim Lesurf
>           <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I've not seen any response or possible explanation of the puzzle I
> > raised a while ago. So I thought I'd ask again in case it has been
> > overlooked. I've therefore quoted the original email below.

> > I'm puzzled by what TW may be doing that causes it to fail to load the
> > file on one platform (Iyonix) but be fine on the other (RPCEmu).

> That is not the main puzzle for this a common thing to happen.
> Available memory differs due to different amounts of physical/emulated
> RAM available, OS limitations (only 28MB of WimpSlot on OS <> 5.X),
> choice of WimpSlot vs. dynamic area memory, plus additional factors
> limiting memory usage (e.g., Aemulor).

Yes. The oddity in that respect is that is it OK on RPCemu which nominally
mimics the RPC and that I'm using RO 4.02 on it. But gives the problem on
my Iyonix (RO 5.16).

> What I find puzzling is that it seems to make a difference on which
> platform you add the PNG.

Indeed.

> So, you were saying: Transfer File1 to Iyonix => fails to load

Yes.

> Remove PNG on emulator, transfer as File2 to Iyonix => loads OK

Yes.

> Add PNG on the Iyonix, save as File3 and reload => loads OK

Yes.

> File1 and File3 should be equivalent. Please send both to me so I can
> check what the difference is.

Each file is 1168k before compression into a zip. Can you please remind me
of the email address to send them to you? I assume they should not be
posted onto this list!  :-)

Cheers,

Jim