Re: [icon-users] Link does not appear in WORD

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 17:42:45 +0000 (GMT)

I'm finding that the PDF format is one of the best in that it produces
the nearest WYSIWYG and links highlighted in EasiWriter are rendered
correctly. It is a pity RISC OS users don't have a really good PDF
renderer. Colin Granville's !PDF is fast but its age means that modern
PDF files (particularly graphic rich ones) are often not decoded
correctly. GView is probably the most accurate (eg. original fancy text
is rendered properly) but slow. I often find I'm turning more and more
to ArtWorks which makes a reasonable job of many PDFs and is fast once
loaded. Stand-alone AW PDF renderer Martin? I'm only joking you have
probably taken on enough already and there would be little gain - I'd
rather see improvements in the graphic capabilities of AW.

Regards

Richard