Re: [icon-users] EasiWriter crash

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 14:04:54 +0200

In message <4f2d816323riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> OK - I think I have solved the problem.

> I have an annoying habit of placing my EasiWriter documents deep into
> the directory structure (the document that crashed the M/C when
> converting it to HTML was 5 levels deep). Although this doesn't seem to
> have any effect when writing a standard document when it is converted to
> HTML it results in a fatal crash or if converted from 4-levels depth a
> re-coverable error message of the form:

> Internal error, trap while in trap handler:
> Internal error: abort on data transfer at
> FC146300, pc = FC1462F8: registers at 124C38

> (Incidentally...... David Ruck's where reports a SharedCLibrary error
> - I don't know if this is relevant).

> May be someone can explain this.

Yes, that is a typical error. It is most probably a buffer overflow
because some buffer on the stack is not large enough to hold the long
pathname. In particular, this occurs when command lines have to be
constructed - as in this case, for InterGIF, which is used to export
the graphics. That should be easy to fix.

Martin