Re: [icon-users] Delete all Structures at once

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:00:39 +0200

In message <4f32a232e2rh.lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Russell Hafter - Lists <rh.lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The original Word document included a number of '...' -
> ASCII 140 (according to Martin's XChars). On export as RTF
> these have changed to the 'OE ligature' ASCII 154.

> I can understand why '...' might be outwith the RTF spec,
> but why change it to the 'OE ligature'??

Because the OE ligature is char 140 in the Windows charset. RTF export
is not very good at character sets - it has exported the RISC OS
character without changing it to Windows encoding. Word export gets it
right. I have just fixed RTF export, so 10 of the RISC OS specific
characters (including ellipsis) are exported correctly.

Martin