[icon-users] RISC OS file type for docx

  • From: Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 18:01:06 +0100

As has been mentioned elsewhere, .docx files arriving in Pluto are given
the default filetype (usually Data or Text) rather than MSWordX even if
this is specified in your mimemap file. It seems that Pluto has a 59
character limit to the length of a mimetype.

I have posted a detailed explanation of a partial solution in the
PlutoUsers mailing list and added an option to my mimemap file at
www.timil.com/riscos/mimemap
Note: this fudge will result in .docx files you send being wrongly
described in emails and though you can probably still open these files in
Windows (which seems to rely on the .ext) I know for a fact they cannot
be opened in Android!

As EW/TW can open a .docx file filetyped Data dragged to it, it may be
preferable to change/leave the default catch-all entry in mimemap to

*/*[tab]Data[Tab]ffd[Tab]*

--
Tim Hill
                                                www.timil.com