[icon-discuss] Re: Problem with media player

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 00:18:14 -0500

Hello,

This is a bug that affects all media file files and not just those launched
from the RSS player.  The bug is not related to the fast forward or revind
functions as far as I can tell.  According to my observation, It often
occurs in files that are longer than 40 minutes long.  And, in addition, the
repeating occurs when the play time reaches approximately 34 minutes into
the file without any interruptions--interruptions as in pause and play and
not revind and forward.

There is also another bug in the media player that affects the
implementation of the announce time function by using the option key while
the file is playing.  The playtime appears to be calculated based on the
amount of time the player has been playing the ifle and not based on the
actual file time.  So, in other words, if you use the announce time feature
when playing a file straight through, you will have the time announced
correctly as opposed to when doing a lot of skipping back and forth.  The
timer appears to start when the file starts playing and continues no matter
whether you forward or revind by using the 1/3, 4/6, and 7/9 combinations.

The first bug, the loopback problem, is a critical one where the file has to
be stopped and restarted in order to come out of the loop.  The second
problem is a minor bug.

Hope this is clear.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Pratik