[icon-discuss] Re: Description of Icon

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 10:35:47 -0500

Hello listers:

I can't answer to what Levelstar may or may not provide, so Icon users will
have to inquire with the appropriate agency.  As far as the Braille + is
concerned, we (APH), DO NOT provide the manual in braille, because since it is
updated frequently, it would be too expensive to keep updating the braille
copies and changing them.  Our Accessibility statement says that we will
provide "One of the following."  This does not mean all of the following, as
most of you have probably figured out.  However, I just wanted to dispel the
rumors, before we start getting calls for something we don't have.

The manual comes on the CD, as well as on our web site.  Plus, it is installed
on the Braille + itself.

Thank you.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> chasec@xxxxxxxxxx 11/04/07 08:59PM >>>
I didn't get the Braille manual or the manual on CD in my package.  Did
anyone else?  If you look at the Icon/Braille Plus manual it says that you
should get both types of manuals in your box no matter what type of device
that you have.
I do have the case and the shoulder strap, however.