[icon-discuss] Re: 1.1.1 Available for download now

  • From: "MICHAEL MCCARTY" <mmccarty@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 10:09:30 -0500

You're more than likely locked up and need to reset the unit, then update to
whatever version it tells you to.  You should be running either .21 or .28
after your reset.  If it says .21, then you'll download .28.  If it says .28
after the reset, then you'll download the 1.1 version. You may be prompted to
fill out a form before you can complete the update for 1.1, fill it out and
press OK.

Michael McCarty
Fred's Head Database Coordinator
American Printing House for the Blind
Phone: 502 899-2396
Fax: 502 899-2363
www.aph.org
www.FredsHeadCompanion.blogspot.com
BlindBargains.com best blog of 2007

>>> richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx 04/01/08 08:51AM >>>
Two questions.
I'm stuck with the system updater on my Braille+.
There is no indication what it is doing other than hearing "system updater"
when I double click the status button.

Since 1.06.28 is installed and the unit said it was registered, can I just
down load 1.1 and install it assuming this is not working?

And, the web site says version 1.06.26, not 1.06.28 for the first part; is
that a typo?

Richard