[ibis-macro] Question about Model Specific parameters

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 16:02:58 -0800

Hello everyone,

I stumbled on a situation with an .ami file which has
a few Model Specific parameters of Usage InOut.  Our
customer is wondering why we don't do this and that
with the data that is returned by the model in those
parameters.  This triggers the following thoughts in
my mind.

Model Specific parameters are specific to the model and
their meaning is not described by the AMI specification.
Therefore no EDA vendor has the knowledge on how to
interpret or post process these returned parameters
because there is simply no way of knowing what to do
with them.

For this reason, I would suggest that we make a rule in
the IBIS AMI specification that Model Specific parameter
must be Usage In, and Usage Out or InOut should not be
allowed.

Any Comments?