[ibis-macro] New files posted on the ATM website

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 08:45:20 -0700

This is to inform all of you that several new files
have been posted on the ATM website.  (These are the
same files I distributed in the attachment of my

1)  An updated version of the Task List is there now
with the prioritization we did on rows 51-61.  I also
added the names of the new BIRDs I started for some
of them.

http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/macromodel_wip/archive/20110517/arpadmurany
i/IBISv5.0%20AMI%20specification%20BIRD%20task%20list/IBIS50AMI_TaskList
_2011_05_17.pdf

2)  An updated version of the InOut/Out BIRD draft
is there too:

http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/macromodel_wip/archive/20110516/arpadmurany
i/Out-InOut%20BIRD%20draft%209/Out_InOut_BIRD_09.pdf

in which I added (Usage Info) in addition to
reformatting (or reorganizing) the wording without
making changes to the original meaning.

3)  I started four new BIRDs for the items in rows 51-61:

http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/macromodel_wip/archive/20110517/arpadmurany
i/Format%20Corner%20and%20Range%20Clarification%20for%20IBIS%20AMI%20dra
ft%201/AMI_CornerRange_BIRD_01.pdf

deals with the topic of how Corner supposed to work as
a selector using the state of the simulator's corner
setting.  As I was working on this, I ran into a few
questions which I need to get answered so I can continue
writing it.

http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/macromodel_wip/archive/20110517/arpadmurany
i/Add%20Boolean%20to%20BNF%20for%20IBIS%20AMI%20draft%201/AMI_BooleanInB
NF_BIRD_01.pdf

deals with adding Boolean to the BNF.  This should be a
very easy and simple BIRD, I just need to get help with
the correct spelling of the BNF I wrote.

http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/macromodel_wip/archive/20110517/arpadmurany
i/AMI_parameters_out%20Clarification%20draft%201/AMI_ParametersOut_BIRD_
01.pdf

deals with spelling out whether AMI_parameters_in/out
are required for AMI_Init, and spelling out the rules
about the NULL pointer (or empty string).

http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/macromodel_wip/archive/20110517/arpadmurany
i/AMI%20Function%20Return%20Value%20Clarification%20draft%201/FunctionRe
turnValue_BIRD_01.pdf

deals with spelling out the rules on when an AMI_Init
and AMI_GetWave function should return a failure code
and when it shouldn't.

I am planning on discussing these in the ATM teleconference
today to get answers to my questions, so I could finish them
up for next time.  As I said, these should be easy decisions,
and quick discussions.