[ibis-macro] IV and Vt curve scaling coefficient for the IBIS buffers

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <arpad.muranyi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 12:52:32 -0800

This is in response to Ken's and Bob's emails regarding
the scaling capabilities in the IBIS buffer building
blocks of the macro library.  Looking at my code, it
seems that it would be very easy to add these capabilities
to the models.

I thought the best would be if it was compatible with the
HSPICE B-element's scaling parameters, which are:

pu_scal
pd_scal
pc_scal
gc_scal

for the IV curves, and

rwf_scal
fwf_scal

for the Vt curves.  The IV coefficients curves scale (multiply)
the current of the corresponding IV tables.  The waveform
coefficients scale (multiply) the time axis of the Vt tables,
effectively speeding up or slowing down the edge rates.  Notice
that the rising and falling edges are all scaled by the same
number to keep the Vt tables time correlated within a group.

Are there any oppositions or suggestions before I implemented
these?