[ibis-macro] Agendor for IBIS ATM 3/2/10

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 07:27:20 -0500

All,

I plan on reviewing the various topics discussed on the Reflector this week.

1.      Default Amendment
        a.      Essentially allows Default instead of Value
2.      Parameter Amendment
        a.      Defines AMI Parameter as a branch containing one of the
following leaves

i.        Usage
                                                                       ii.
Type
                                                                  iii.
                                                                       iv.
Allowed-Value Method
1.      Value
2.      List
3.      Range
4.      Increment
5.      Corner
6.      Steps
7.         Array
3.      Template .ami (aka Template BNF)
        a.      The BNF used to describe the parameter tree data passed to the
DLL is
not an appropriate method of capturing the rules that need to be applied in
a parser of the parameter tree in the .ami. This is because a BHF
representation is ?context-insensitive?.
        b.      The Template was my attempt of clearly defining the .ami
context rules
by an example that could be read programmatically by a syntax and context
checking parser.
4.      Parameter Naming Rules [a-Z],_,[0-9]
        a.      Parameters in AMI files are used in various simulation tools
such as
SPICE, MatLab, Verilog-A, VHDL-AMS, PERL, C++, and other commercially
available, and proprietary software tools. Each of these tools has different
rules regarding case, delimiter characters, comment characters, hierarchy
characters, vector notation, ?. This is an ongoing problem that IC Vendors
have requested we eliminate by limiting the character set used to name
parameters and requiring they begin with a letter.
5.      <value>=NA
        a.      Bob has suggested an alternative approach by adding at least 7
new
Allowed Value keywords.

For items 4 and 5 I will ask that Bob moderate the discussion.

My goal for this meeting is to get consensus on accepting the Default
Amendment, the Parameter Amendment and the Template BNF to the AMI BIRD,
schedule a resolution on Parameter Naming Rules and NA, and determine what
are next steps are to be able to have this committee submit a draft of the
AMI BIRD to the Open Forum for discussion.

Walter Katz
303.449-2308
Mobile 720.333-1107
wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx