[ibis-macro] A simple IBIS ISS Packge Model enhancement

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Ibis-Interconn" <ibis-interconn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 11:38:59 -0500 (EST)

All,

I am sending this to both IBIS-ATM ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and
Ibis-Interconn ibis-interconn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx because of overlapping
interests.

ISS Package Models can simply be handled by adding to IBIS the following
new key words, and a new ISS Package Model section.

New keywords:

iss_package_model

[ISS Package Model Section]

iss_package_file

iss_package_subckt

iss_package_arguments

end_iss_package_model

[End ISS Package Model Section]

I am enclosing the modification to BIRD 122 that supports this totally in
the .ami file. I am also including an IBIS file that demonstrates the use
precedence of package models for pins, model and component, and various
ways that this can support parameter passing, rail voltage ports, .

I did not include an example of a crosstalk_iss_package_model, this is a
straightforward extension, but I did not want to complicate the discussion
of the basic structure of this method.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend this week's meetings.

wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx

Phone 303.449-2308