[ibis-interconn] Re: Suggested Plan for IBIS Packaging and On_Die Interconnect Modeling

  • From: "Lynne C. Green" <lgreen22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ibis-Interconn <ibis-interconn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 18:42:28 -0700

Since I am new to this group, I would like to pose a Question to the group:
What would members think of starting with a "quick" solution of adding one keyword for language (Touchstone, ISS-SPICE) to [Package Model]? Benefits? Limitations?

Some preliminary thoughts along those lines:
- Fast implementation, with a minimum of new keywords, no new model type.
- Might also work for EBD?
- Could be made flexible enough for future needs (Walter's keywords)?
- Impact on EDA tools (person-months)?
- Impact on parser development?
- Impact on model makers, EDA tools, model users?
- Could on-die power distribution info be captured in [Model]?

Personally, I am philosophically inclined to keep package and die separate within IBIS. Often a chip can go in any of several packages, and a package can fit any of several chips.

Cheers,
Lynne

"IBIS training when you need it, where you need it."

Dr. Lynne Green
Green Streak Programs
http://www.greenstreakprograms.com
425-788-0412
lgreen22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Meeting minutes and files are available; visit:
               http://www.eda.org/ibis/interconnect_wip/