[ibis-interconn] Suggested Plan for IBIS Packaging and On_Die Interconnect Modeling

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ibis-Interconn" <ibis-interconn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 11:56:58 -0400 (EDT)

All,

Suggested Plan for IBIS Packaging and On_Die Interconnect Modeling

Assuming that we want to have a Packaging and On_Die Interconnect Modeling
solution in ~ 6 months, with minimal impact on the IBIS (.ibs) and EBD
(.ebd) parser, I would like to make the following recommendations:

BIRD IBIS-ISS Packaging and On-Die Interconnect Modeling in IBIS (.ibs)
files.

Add the following new Keywords to IBIS in the [Component] section

[IBIS-ISS Packaging Interconnect File] <file name>

[IBIS-ISS On-Die Interconnect File] <file name>

[Die Pad]

This keyword will be followed by a list of <die pad name> <signal name> to
define explicit die pad names

Intrinsic [Die Pad] names will be a list of all unique signal_names in the
[Pin Section]

Create a separate specification for

[IBIS-ISS Packaging Interconnect File]

[IBIS-ISS On-Die Interconnect File]

BIRD IBIS-ISS Interconnect Modeling in EBD (.ebd) files.

Add the following new Keywords to IBIS in the EBD section

[IBIS-ISS EBD Interconnect File] <file name>

Create a separate specification for

[IBIS-ISS EBD Interconnect File]

This will be essentially the same as [IBIS-ISS Packaging Interconnect
File] with the following exceptions

Definition of Extended Nets, each Extended Net will have (This could go in
EBD file but would be better in parameter tree format

Extended Net Name

List of EBD Pins

List of Reference Designator Map Pins

Package models will only go between EBD Pins and Reference Designator Map
Pins

Walter

Walter Katz

 <mailto:wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx> wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx