[ibis-interconn] Sparse Touchstone Proposal

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-Interconnect" <ibis-interconn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 21:05:49 -0400

All,

I think we can all agree that an Sij (imaginary number as a list of sampled
frequencies) is a numerical approximation of a Transfer Function. I would
like to name this a "Network Function".

Here is a BNF an enhancements to Touchstone to handle Sparse Matrix data
that should satisfy all of the issues raise in the past several meetings.

[Number of Unique Network Function] <number of unique network functions>

{Network Function Names]

1 <network function name>

2 <network function name>

.

<number of unique network functions>   <network function name>

{End Network Function Names]

[Sparse Network Function Data]

<network function name> : (<row,column>) (<row,column>) (<row,column>)
(<row,column>) .

<network function name> : (<row,column>) (<row,column>) (<row,column>)
(<row,column>) .

               (<row,column>) (<row,column>) (<row,column>) (<row,column>) .

<network function name> : (<row,column>) (<row,column>) (<row,column>)
(<row,column>) .

[End Sparse Network Function Data]

The actual network data will have at each frequency <number> imaginary
numbers.

{Network Function Names] section is optional, the default <network function
name> of any Network Function is its' <network function number>. A <network
function name> must start with a letter [a-Z], and may only contain [a-Z],
[0-9], and _.

Walter

Walter Katz

Chief Scientist