[ibis-interconn] Sparse Touchstone Proposal, with some more thought pu into it

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-Interconnect" <ibis-interconn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 21:32:12 -0400

All,

I think we can all agree that an Sij (imaginary number as a list of sampled
frequencies) is a numerical approximation of a Transfer Function. I would
like to name this a "Framis".

Here is a BNF an enhancements to Touchstone to handle Sparse Matrix data
that should satisfy all of the issues raise in the past several meetings.

[Number of Unique Framis's] <number of unique framis's>

{Framis Names]

1 <framis name>

2 <framis name>

.

<number of unique framis's>   <frames name>

{End Framis Names]

[Sparse Framis Data]

<frames name> : (<row,column>) (<row,column>) (<row,column>) (<row,column>)
.

<frames name> : (<row,column>) (<row,column>) (<row,column>) (<row,column>)
.

                          (<row,column>) (<row,column>) (<row,column>)
(<row,column>) .

< frames name> : (<row,column>) (<row,column>) (<row,column>) (<row,column>)
.

[End Sparse Framis Data]

The actual network data will have at each frequency <number of unique
framis's> imaginary numbers.

[Framis Names] section is optional, the default <framis name> of any Framis
is its' <framis number>. A <framis name>  can consists of any legal IBIS
character, except ":" is not allowed as a Framis name.

Walter

Walter Katz

Chief Scientist

Signal Integrity Software, Inc.