[ian-reeds-games] Re: tactical battle latest dev

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 12:43:02 -0500

Hi Shawn,
That is good to know.
For the lyran map, I usually unload on the claws as I pass my ships by, release
shuttles anduse them to finish up, and then I leave them.
Then I make a mad dash to the worm hole bottome right of the map.
I have a feeling my instructions for the map were not at all clear. I have been
planning on redoing the intros to include more information and  what is
expected. I think I get more wrapped up in the story then in givieng
directions, lol.
I was wondering if that was the case as well with the  planet killer.
Originally, I had planned the map to be a rescue mission, where the ships had
to rescue the people on the planet. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to
 make sure the ships could escape with the people on board, or could just cheat
and go directly to the escape point. So I made it more of a stop the monster
situation.
The trick with that map is the shuttles. They are super important.

So do you think the instructions were clear? Should I tighten them up a bit? I
want players to not get killed cause I wasn't being careful enough with the
directions.