[ian-reeds-games] Tactical Battle 1.12 dev 4

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 12:34:53 -0700

Hey all!

I'm releasing dev 4. The only change is that it fixes the bug where escape, death, and defeat conditions would crash the game.

Zak, interesting idea about adjusting skills and point gains on a per team basis. I really like the idea as giving the AI advantages is the easiest way to make maps more difficult. There could even be difficulty levels where the only difference is the advantage the AI gets. A good example would be Craig's command and conquer maps where you'd just give the AI more command points and actions for it's structures each turn than the player gets.
Well, not sure when I'll get to it, but it's on my list now.

Garrett, as you know the existing chance= flag can cause a skill to fail.
The fail works as the miss you described.
Meaning that any cost of the skill such as actions_cost are still consumed even though the skill failed. This can be used to simulate both a missed attack or a spell that failed to be cast properly.

Allan, I only realized later that my door idea won't work for your zombie maps as your doors are intended to have health and be destroyed by the zombies.
Your comment on the default team unit flags was really good.
I actually hadn't thought about it that way.

Here's the link for dev 4:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43120001/Tactical%20Battle%201.12%20dev%204.zip