[ian-reeds-games] Some more suggestions

  • From: Zak Claassen <zak.claassen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 13:00:59 +0200

Hi, I have been thinking about ideas for the game again.  I guess I
should number them, that makes it easier to separate them:
1. I wanted to create a passive ability for a unit so that it would
heal nearby units automatically each turn, but this doesn't seem to be
possible.  Would it be possible to give units or passive skills a
range?
2. The team text got me thinking, let's say you have different points
for health for different units like in the command and conquer map,
but you want them all to be called "health".  So could you add that
same feature to points?  Now that I think about it, adding it to units
might solve Alan's problem in a way, he would still need two units but
he could have them called by the same name.
3. I also vote for the point victory someone mentioned, you could
specify a point and at which value it should be for the player to win.
 That could allow for more customisable victory conditions.  It would
probably also need the unit/structure for which this point should be
at the specified value.  If this is possible the same could be done
with a point-based defeat condition.
4. Would it be possible for effects to add or remove other effects?
Currently, you can only specify effects that occur on a unit when a
certain point reaches 0.  You can't add an effect to the tile where
this unit was or to units surrounding it, for example.  Another
solution could be the ability to trigger a skill when a point reaches
0.
5. Could you add the not_affect_flying flag to skills?  I want to use
it for making flying units immune to melee attacks.  This can be done
to a degree by using not_useable_on, but the problem is when you have
a skill that causes units to fly temporarily. I think I've mentioned
this before, not sure, sorry if I'm repeating.

Again, I've got no clue how much effort it might be to implement any
of these, just some ideas.