[ian-reeds-games] Re: Scripters

  • From: Craig Brett <craigbrett17@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 09:37:59 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

Thanks for getting this done Ian, it looks ffun! I haven't experimented yet, but I will. Ah, if only you hadn't got this out at the same time as bringing in randomisation and things that are going to make me want to tweak my maps lol. But I had a brief look at your testing file. It all seems to make sense. It will hopefully make more sense if I read the manual :)

Once I've had my playing around stage, I'll let you know what I decide to work on. I might well go for the team changes as it's something I think would be cool.

I like the way you're thinking of including documentation on our scripts. I've not really used Markdown except on Trello, but I can work it out or write it straight to HTML. So are me and Carlos kind of writing the scripts that come with the game for all to use? I think that's how I understand it and it's very exciting to be doing it.

Carlos, since the mapWidth and mapHeight are numbers, could the plus operator be getting confused? I've not tested it myself, it's just an initial shot in the dark. You could try toStringing it. I'll have a proper look later on.

Cheers,

Craig