[ian-reeds-games] Re: I gotta go see a man about a script...

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 13:43:01 -0600

You can use friendly_name=unit-name (don't use underscores there
though, because sappy reads them out). But I don't think that's what
you meant...

If you mean have the game only add it in certain cases though, I think
that's what you're saying...I'm not sure. Remember, I'm a beginner
when it comes to this stuff hahaha. I'll give Craig a poke about it
and see what he thinks.

On 7/1/15, Allan Thompson <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I guess this is mostly for monkey.

Is there a way to add a word to a units name. I'm not talking about the
filename, but the actual name of the unit.
For example I would like to put in a word like cloaked, shielded, infected
and things of that nature.

Basically I just want to add and remove these adjectives when a skill or
effect takes place, or even gets removed.
Maybe the name equals flag can be modified somehow?

Thanks for any thoughts on the matter,
Al

"The truth will make you free"
Jesus Christ of Nazareth 33AD