[huskerlug] Re: Meeting

  • From: "Gary Kearney" <gkearney@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "HLUG Husker Linux Users Group" <huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 07:17:31 -0600

Wednesday is cool. Maybe we could discuss the Red Hat situation some. It so=
unds to me as if they are just trying to be another MS. If they don't want =
to support the desktop, why don't they just put the damn thing back into th=
e public domain and let users pick up the thread or something. I guess I'll=
 have to go back to Debian or something. That's more work though since you =
need to be a bit more of an 'expert' to get the same things done, and I mos=
tly just want to do stuff not spend all my time tweaking the OS.

I plan on continuing with RH9 for a while, since I don't want to waste my t=
ime switching at this point. What issues is that going to cause? I notice t=
hat a lot of people are using older distros, and they don't seem to have ma=
ny problems. I'm getting older myself, so I'm not so impressed with 'bleedi=
ng edge' anymore. --gk