[huskerlug] Re: Meeting

  • From: cdelgad2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:16:41 -0600 (CST)

Quoting Gary Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> It
> so=
> unds to me as if they are just trying to be another MS. If they don't
> want =
> to support the desktop, why don't they just put the damn thing back into
> th=
> e public domain and let users pick up the thread or something.

They did release all their stuff to the OS comunity.  It was mentioned in my
last post.  It's called "The Fedora Project".

I don't think RH is Microsoft-like @ all.  The beauty of OS is choice, right?
RH has the choice to decide to make money and stop supporting their unpaying
customers.  Allthough it would be nice to think that a company can life from
nothing and give out a great product, that is just not the case.  In any case,
their new licensing system still lets you get their advanced server stuff for
free.  All the SRPMS are on the net.  And if you purchase their "desktop
version" of Advanced Server then you can install it on all the machines ou want.

I just don't see the MS comparison...

-Cesar Delgado