[huskerlug] Re: DemoLinux Giveaway

  • From: "J.R. Wessels" <jwessels@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 17:15:43 -0500

No more submissions for right now... I'm busy trying to get the cd put
together.  Right now I have all that was mentioned on it.  The hard part is
making it "user friendly".  The programs that don't have an installer program
like Bochs ,Pingus, or Zsnes I'm making one using the installer provided by
Nullsoft.  All programs can be uninstalled through the control panel.  An
icon will be put on the desktop.  The programs that have their own installer
I'm just going to use those.

The part I'm working on now is the autorun feature.  When the user puts it in
the drive, it will autorun an html page on the cd.  Then they can click on
the links and say run from current location, which will then install it.

Next, I'll update my Linux brochures and put them in jpg format on the cd,
which will be perfect for reading in the html autorun page.

What I need from someone here is a license saying that HLUG is not
responsible, yadda yadda yadda.  Just something to cover our back sides.

When I get it done, I'll put it in a nice iso on a website for you to try out.

Thank you in advance.

On Friday 09 August 2002 11:01, you wrote:
> J.R. wrote:
> >Please post on the list others you would think would be good to put on.
>
> Other things that I end up using if I'm on a windows machine:
>
> K-Meleon
> http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/
>
> Dia
> http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/
>
> PuTTY
> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/
>
> An sFTP program like WinSCP (not Free?) or maybe Shaolin Secure FTP
> http://winscp.vse.cz/eng/
> http://www.shaolinsecureftp.com/
>
> We've discussed this before, but one could look at
> http://www.gnusoftware.com/
> for more ideas.
>
> -Rog

J.R. Wessels