[huskerlug] Blender 3D

  • From: cdelgad2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:11:32 -0600 (CST)

Ok, for those of you out there that are into 3D modeling, I'm sure you ahve
heard of Blender.  For those of you who have not, and this comes from my post
answerinf JR, it's a 3D modeler that used to be the in-house modeler for a
company called Not A Number(NAN).  Anyway, Blender competes with 3DStudioMax and
all those other oacages and is a full fledged 3D anumation/gaming program.  In
short it rocks.  And they gave it out for free(no open-source though)  Anyway,
NAN went out of buissness and with some convincing by the author of Blender they
are going to open source it but only if NAN gets some money(ok, a lot of
money).  SO I decided to pitch in a little cash and not I have Founding member
status which means I get a copy of Blender Publisher, which used to be the
non-free version of Blender and it's got a gaming engine built in and a whole
buch of other stuff(physiscs engine, etc, etc).  I'm looking through the license
and I am preaty sure that I can give out copies of this for free.  I'll finish
reading the license and let you guys know.  If I can I'll put it on a server
somewhere.  Go vosit the blender site (www.blender3d.com) and check it out.  It
is a VERY cool piece of software.

-Cesar

ps. it runs on freebsd, irix, solaris, mac, and windows as well, =)