[huskerlug] Re: A 100 watt laptop requires 960 lbs of coal per year!

  • From: tw <techworld.mail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 21:54:52 -0500

I Definitely agree with you on the increasing consumption bit.  I just
foresee us developing new methods of drilling, new ways to use oil and
even new methods of creating it.

They're looking at taking the converting the hundred+ meter deep seabed
into oil even.

I think it will decline and it will be used less for things like cars
and trains and more for things like planes + space transit in the future
which will also help.  I think that even at current rates they'd find
ways to get more but I don't see that happening.

Oil doesn't make much sense for cars or electricity past the next 10-20
years at all.  Assuming that people embrace technology, that is.

Aaron