[hllug] Re: scary but cool

  • From: Administrator <admin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:55:09 -0500

Don:

Donguitar wrote:
> I've really enjoyed reading the email from the SATLUG (San Antonio) list and
> they've been very helpful a time or two.   I think it's nice to have
> alternate places where a newbie can ask questions.  Experience has taught me
> that it's a bad idea to bug the same people with one's newbie questions
> every time.   Distributing the hassle is a good idea.

No one person or group of people knows all the answers either!

I subscribed to the SA Lug mailing list for awhile, but do still subscribe
to the Austin Lug mailing list.

The Austin Lug (http://austinlug.org) is also having one this month.

> I'm not even certain I'll be able to make our HLLUG meetings as things stand
> now but it occurred to me that if we could get enough publicity to justify
> attempting an install fest, we might very well be able to recruit some of
> the guys from SATLUG to come assist with it.  There are also a couple of
> LUGs in Austin but I've been unable to determine how active they are.

Yes, that's a good idea!

Initially I think we could do an install or two at the meetings for the
couple of people that might show up.

I have also been considering a mini install fest in October or November. I
think that with your help, Charlie's and mine that we could support anyone
that might show up for the first one.

Then perhaps the first quarter of 2007 we'd be ready for a real install
fest and ask Austin or SA to help us! In the meantime we should make an
effort to go to some LUG meetings in Austin or SA. Get to know them face to
face. It would be pretty easy for me to start going a meeting once or twice
a month in Austin since I am half-way there anyway due to my job. The
Austin Lug meets weekly on Thursday's.

Just thinking on virtual paper.

Thanks!

> Don

Administrator
http://www.hllug.org
//www.freelists.org/list/hllug

Instead of just gazing through a "Window", remove the "Gates" and come fly
with the penguins!