[hllug] Re: Up the creek

  • From: admin <admin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 08:08:08 -0600

What does "ls -l /home/herb" show?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy™ S II 4Ghc@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:Well I yayed 2 soon.
.. I cannot boot because it says it cannot find a /home/herb folder well
running in the other pat I can see the sda8 part with /home & /herb there but
when I attempt to open it with filemanager it says it is not a folder?

I looked in property’s>permissions it says permissions cannot be determined but
gives this as location .. /media/a724d786-cc12-4d7a-8c67-e75cadfbb9cc/home/herb

I hope there is a way to fix this without losing all the files in there I am
backed up except for maybe past week so won't kill me
thanks hh