[hipl-users] Re: HIP support on native IPv6 applications

  • From: Miika Komu <miika@xxxxxx>
  • To: Fernando Gil <fgil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 15:59:12 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Fernando Gil wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed InfraHIP on two machines and the base exchange was
> executed successfully when running the conntest-server and
> conntest-client-gai tests. However, how can we use native IPv6
> applications with HIP? (For example, when I try to use ping6 between the
> two machines, the traffic was ICMPv6 and not ESP).

You need to ping6 the HIT, not the IPv6 address. Remember that you need to
tell the hip daemon beforehand the mapping between the HIT and IPv6
address using "hipconf add map HIT IP". The IP can be either IPv4 or IPv6
address, as we support now even IPv4.

P.S. We are in process of implementing "ping6 IP" for opportunistic HIP,
but it is going to take a while before it is finished.

--
Miika Komu              miika@xxxxxx          http://www.iki.fi/miika/