[hipl-users] Re: Base Exchange doesn't start

  • From: Miika Komu <miika@xxxxxx>
  • To: Alfredo Matos <alfredo.matos@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 15:50:03 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Alfredo Matos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a two machine setup: 3ffe::1 and 3ffe::2 .
> I installed a 2.6.15.4 kernel, with the BEET patches ( the 2.6.14.2
> pacthes apply cleanly). I am using IPv6, xfrm_user, aes+des+sha1 all as
> modules.
>
> The problem is when that the Initiator hipd never sends out an I1
> packet, although i can see the packets (tcp, from conntest-client-gai)
> going through the dummy0 interface, but nothing happens.
> The other strange thing is when i shutdown the Initiator hipd, it send
> ou a close packet, and this is received and processed at the responder.
>
> This happens both with userspace and main branch of the code.
>
> Any ideas of what i might be doing wrong ? (Debug is below)

What is your HIPL version?

We are currently using 2.6.13.1 kernel as it has less problems with
various IPsec/mobility related issues. Could you try if the same problem
occurs with 2.6.13.1 kernel, so that we can be 100 % sure that it is a
kernel issue?

We are currently recommending the use of 2.6.13.1 kernel as we are
finalizing the support for the BEET IPsec mode. After it is done, we are
going to upgrade the supported kernel version.

If you still want to use the latest kernel, I think you may want to apply
the following patches:

patches/kernel/ipv6_addr_del.patch.2.6.14.4.slavov
patches/kernel/rtnetlink.patch.2.6.14.4-slavov

I think there was some issue related to some ACQUIRE or SA constants that
changed in the latest kernels, and I also thought I fixed this already.
Kristian, can you remember to what this was related?

--
Miika Komu              miika@xxxxxx          http://www.iki.fi/miika/