[hipl-dev] Re: [Merge] lp:~fahad-aizaz/hipl/logging into lp:hipl

  • From: Miika Komu <mkomu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mp+64028@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 17:41:59 -0000

Review: Needs Information
> If the HIP daemon is executed in the foreground mode then in that case all
> the messages are
> logged both on STDERR and SYSLOG.

I don't see why somebody would want to do this? I mean if you run it on the
foreground, then I would expect everything to happen on the foreground. If
grepping is needed, then normal shell redirection and pipes tricks apply. Can
you find some other daemon software that does this?

You're missing some documentation:
* lib/core/conf.c:hipconf_usage
* doc/HOWTO.xml (grep "debug all")
* doc/HACKING:DEBUGGING

If this gets merged (in a form or another) at some point, please add a note
about LOG_LOCAL6 to here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/hipl/+bug/592157
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~fahad-aizaz/hipl/logging/+merge/64028
Your team HIPL core team is subscribed to branch lp:hipl.