[HUG ] Re: Odious Comparison

  • From: Bernard <bernard_cousineau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:44:26 -0400

The problem is I have been looking at the new prints and am starting to wonder if they are significantly sharper than the ones taken with the 120 – and whether this means that I have a beauty of a new lens – HOORAY – or if the dear old Makro Planar is having problems – SNIF....

Are the prints actually sharper, or do they have higher contrast?
I know that when the CFi (CFe?) version of the 120 came out, one of the claimed improvements was higher contrast, especially in a studio situation where you may have lights just outside the frame.