[harbor] Re: Harbor Biz Model...

  • From: "Johnny Kewl" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <harbor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 13:54:01 +0200

Ha ha ... can actually see you working through the mailing list...

The reason I'm choosing to stay behind IT companies its for YOUR sake...

I'm basically saying... look we not interested in your customers, we interested in developing the technology.

and... I'm leaving space for that relationship... because its YOU, not me, thats going to say, oh look, I'm knocking the crap out of the EJB company down the road... John, I want some kind of area franchise, because I dont want the guy next door to be an Harbor agent...

... then I can say... OK

If those companies then say, John, lets make it open source.... ok, why not... but will YOU ;)

Open source is a marketing channel... if its sitting on IBM's site, do you think a potential customer is going to come to you, or IBM?

We develop now, because there arent agents world wide yet... but I'd much rather be developing video technology, and bluetooth interfaces, and house alarm systems for a group of front end IT companies... I have no interest in becoming a IT business... selling to and entertaining customers and playing golf... its a nightmare ;)

Talking to camera suppliers and making kewl tools for Harbor, and embedded systems and and and... that are sold by YOU... much more fun.

Thats whats I think has to happen.... but it remains free to developers... and that biz model will work. Only if a company spans the entire globe, will OS work I think... else YOU lose...

... I dont know... how do you make a sustainable biz model in the crazy IT world... if I dont do what I'm doing... IT is a hobby not a sustainable biz...

Free product... branded derivatives... I think is the way to go...
Dont know... but rather than try bullshit me... talk about "how it can work"... All the big guys have already tried that... I said no... partly because I dont even think they know what their biz model is ;) I think there is room for cool products.... and that I think is better than training through complexity schemes...

... I think... who knows?

The only real POJO Application Server.