[harbor] Re: Auto Installation

  • From: "Johnny Kewl" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <harbor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 14:41:14 +0200

The very best way... I think is to just drop your application into a Ships folder, then the link on the web page will launch the Harbor app as normal...

Then to take care of JAVA itself... look at the link at the bottom of this page

http://coolharbor.100free.com/install.htm

And then look at the embedded code in that page...

Now that only workd for IE... but that is probably 95% of the planet...

So... user opens your page... if JAVA not on their machine... its installed... then they click... DONE.

.... if you find a more fool proof way let me know ;)

YES.... SHIPS can be normal Java Apps... ie just drop the whole DIST folder that NB makes into it...

Very easy....

The only real POJO Application Server.