[openbeos] Re: waif child found!

  • From: "Joseph Prostko" <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 05:33:40 -0500

> Alright, I had another idea and decided to try it out.  I noticed that
> MAXJOBS is defined in jam.h as 64.  I changed it to 128, hoping that the
> "waif child found!" error in execunix.c wouldn't occur (it happens when
> 'i' in a for loop matched the value of MAXJOBS).

Okay, I meant to reply to this, but  I keep accidentally (stupidly?) using
another email address, hence my message not making it through.

Anyways, here is my reply to myself...

Basically after numerous tries and different values for MAXJOBS, I seem to
get the waif problem every time now.  Apparently the first success was just
some kind of fluke, unfortunately.  I may fool around with it a bit more,
but maybe it's a waste of time, considering it takes 3 seconds to comment
out some code like you suggested, Axel.

That said, I still plan the R5 install this week, since using that as a
build platform should potentially resolve these Dano/Zeta issues.

- joe