[openbeos] Re: news: development mailing list, distro guidelines

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 20:03:36 +0200

Hi Jorge,

On 5/19/07, Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Waldemar Kornewald wrote:
> Also, we've published the distro guidelines. Read the full news here:

http://haiku-os.org/news/2007-05-15/haiku_distribution_guidelines_released_and_development_mailing_list_created

Are demo live CDs and/or virtual machines created by third parties for
the only purpose of promoting Haiku subject to any guidelines?

We don't have such guidelines, but if you build our source and add
your own apps to it you basically have your own distro. ;) If you're
doing this under the Haiku umbrella (i.e.: officially) or if you only
promote a clean build from our repo I think it's fine to call it an
unstable pre-alpha Haiku build.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald