[openbeos] Re: info please

  • From: "Karl vom Dorff" <haikubounties@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:03:59 -0400

">We will make sure that the bounty money is transfered back to you,

so you can refund the donators, because none of the bounties
was fullfilled.

The whole bounty idea doesn't work for haiku, and working with you seems
to be a major problem."

Hi Marcus,

In the terms of the bounty system, there was a clause that if the bounties weren't taken up, the money would be donated to Haiku, however not before contacting the donators. I personally emailed each person who donated to the bounties that if they wanted their money back, I would refund it. Not one person did, and instead opted to donate the money to Haiku.

It was agreed by many that the bounties suggested were just too big an over ambitious. I agree, and am working to try to solve this with the new system. I don't know how you can say the system didn't work. It's only been operating for a couple of months with only 3 bounties and $1250 has been raised. Sure, no developers have applied, but as explained on the website, at least 2/3 bounties were ill-fated from the start. Please read why that was so on the site.

"and working with you seems to be a major problem."

So, ask me to quit and I will!

I've read that working with you is a problem as well lmao ;)

Karl

From: Marcus Overhagen <marcusoverhagen@xxxxxxxx>
To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [openbeos] Re: info please
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:33:38 +0200 (CEST)

Karl vom Dorff wrote:

> One more thing...
>
> I've read that Koki was hired to head marketing at Haiku.
> If this is the case, and funds from the Haikubounties were used for this, I
> find it pathetic that Haiku can hire someone with the money before thanking
> the people who donated or letting them know what was done with the funds.

I think this is more than enough now.

We will make sure that the bounty money is transfered back to you,
so you can refund the donators, because none of the bounties
was fullfilled.

The whole bounty idea doesn't work for haiku, and working with you seems
to be a major problem.

regards

Marcus Overhagen

Viel oder wenig? Schnell oder langsam? Unbegrenzt surfen + telefonieren
ohne Zeit- und Volumenbegrenzung? DAS TOP ANGEBOT JETZT bei Arcor: günstig
und schnell mit DSL - das All-Inclusive-Paket für clevere Doppel-Sparer,
nur  44,85 ?  inkl. DSL- und ISDN-Grundgebühr!
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-dsl-2

_________________________________________________________________ Get MSN Messenger on your cell phone. http://connectinstyle.com/