[openbeos] Re: USB interface

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:09:38 +0200 CEST

> >> Is the Haiku USB layer compatible with the BeOS USB layer?
> >> I.e. If I were to write a USB device driver for BeOS, would it be
> > > able to
> >> run on Haiku?

Talking about USB, I found an usb_raw driver in svn but not the USB Kit
yet, a preliminary version was outsourced long ago by Be along with
usb_raw (you didn't waste the time to rewrite it did you ? I mentioned
it here several times), should I put upload it or it's in the works ?
IIRC there is a version of /bin/usb_dev_info with it.

I'll take the opportunity to upload the current version of my USB
webcam driver which uses it, as I'm not in shape to work on it atm
anyway.
It currently only supports my webcam (Sonix), but has some code for
quickcams and is modular enough I hope to add others in easily.

François.