[openbeos] Re: USB interface

  • From: "Bruno van Dooren" <bruno_van_dooren@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 15:45:35 +0200

Is the Haiku USB layer compatible with the BeOS USB layer?
I.e. If I were to write a USB device driver for BeOS, would it be able to
run on Haiku?

Unless you use BeOS private API, yes. Out of curiosity, for which device would it be ?

The OSR USB-FX2 learning kit. It is meant for learning driver programming.
I have used it for programming a driver using the new Kernel Mode Driver Foundation.
I wrote a couple of articles about it, and was thinking about creating an equivalent driver for BeOS,
just to compare the 2 models.

The USB board is really cheap (70$) so it is a good tool for learning driver programming.
But I would not waste my time on a driver model that is obsolete for all practical purposes.

Kind regards,
Bruno van Dooren
bruno_nos_pam_van_dooren@xxxxxxxxxxx
Remove only "_nos_pam"