[openbeos] Re: importing hey in Haiku repository

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 23:23:37 -0400

On 6/6/06, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am all for it. If we find a better name for that application (or at least a super duper acronym ;-)), I would like it even better :-)

Add my vote as well. Personally I think the name is great, especially when you look at the usage:

$ hey StyledEdit set Frame of Window "ReadMe" to BRect(50, 50, 300, 300)

It might be fun to have Bash aliases in various languages (warning
these possibly bad translations are courtesy of BabelFish):

German: he or hallo
Spanish: hola
French: he or bonjour
English slang: yo

:)

Of course it can be fun to play with acronyms too:

Haiku Application Scripter: has

"has StyledEdit set Frame of Window "Monkey" to BRect(20, 30, 145,
634)" ? <-- looks like a question, hehe

Haiku Application Command Kit: hack

"hack StyledEdit set Frame of Window "ReadMe" to BRect(50, 50, 300, 300)"

Ryan