[openbeos] Re: hardware specs -- who's naughty and who's nice?

  • From: Jasse Jansson <jasse@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 21:38:10 +0100

On fredag, januari 4, 2002, at 09:23 , Helmar Rudolph wrote:

It would be nice to put a list of hardware manufacturers
on the OBOS site somewhere; something like:

    "The following list of companies openly provide the necessary
    specs for the following pieces of hardware -- support them! :)"

or at least provide some links to sites that publish this sort
of information. Anyone know of any?

This is something we at BeUnited will definitely be doing. I am also wondering if we shouldn't select a few preferred manufacturers and make sure that OBOS supports / they support OBOS to the maximum extent possible.

Good idea. What abot Matrox for the graphics stuff. They have the programming docs for their chipsets on the web site. Yesterday I made sure those dox are secure on my harddrive ready for future use. I also have dox for Voodoo 3 chips somewhere but unfortunatly not dox for voodoo 4 and 5. It's not everything but it's a starting point.

I'm interested in development of the OpenGL library but it seems
a bit hard to get in touch with the right people. Maybe I have
too little patience when dealing with open source people ;-)

...Jasse...