[openbeos] Re: hardware specs -- who's naughty and who's nice?

  • From: "dsteward" <dsteward@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 12:49:57 EST

>I also have dox for Voodoo 3 chips somewhere but unfortunatly
>not dox for voodoo 4 and 5.

These would be for 2D only from the old 3dfx open-source linux site.
In their dying days, 3dfx made a half-hearted effort to allow
developers to write Linux drivers, but conveniently left out all 3D
specs.
I'm fairly sure the specs for Voodoos using 3D have never been
officially released - nor will they ever be.

Indeed, even though Be Inc. received some info (enough to do HW OGL on
the V3/V4/V5), they apparently didn't receive the docs to activate the
2nd VSA-100 chip on the V5's.

Its good to know about the Matrox info, but does that cover all the 3D
features of their cards, including Environmental Bump Mapping etc ?

cheers