[openbeos] Re: gcc 3.x ABI

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 22:26:17 CEST (+0200)

Fred K Ollinger <follinge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I feel that code should _compile_ under both 2.95 and gcc-3.2 and be
> released w/ old gcc, of course. If you target gcc-3.2 your code
> should
> automatically work under old gcc as newer gcc is less tolerant of
> sloppy
> code.

Of course, that's really a good reason to do regular builds with gcc
3.2 to see if it is able to compile it.
We don't have to port the compiler for this, though, we can just
compile it on another platform (using gcc 3.2, or even Intel's
compiler) - the code just have to compile, it doesn't have to run :-)

Anyway, I wouldn't say no to a good port of gcc 3.2 ;-)

Adios...
   Axel.