[openbeos] Re: Zoom and Resize

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 16:47:04 +0100 (MET)

Actually BeOS rules on this...
I bought a new mouse (PS/2 wireless with a wheel), and I hot-plugged it,
(yeah I know PS/2 is not meant for hot-plug, but you need to assume geekness :))
restarted input_server 2 or 3 times, and it just got my wheel ok. didn't have
to reboot. If you think you can loose control, you can do some thing like this:
sleep 60; /boot/beos/system/servers/input_server -q
this waits 1 minute, then restarts input_server. nice when changing kbds too :)

About windows, I happened to got the mouse working again once...
It was on 95, with a serial. I switched a DOS box full screen,
unplugged, plugged, sswitched back to window mode, and it was ok.
I assume the VxD reseted the COM port when switching out of fullscreen.