[openbeos] Re: Win4Be on Haiku???

  • From: Brian Hague <alphaseinor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 20:33:05 -0500

Hello

> Im a Beos user, and i realy interested in your proyecto (i hope many
> users of this list too).

Thanks, not quite sure what a proyecto is, but I imagine it is another
language translated to project?

> So can you tell us the state of win4be ?

Win4Be... I haven't touched it for about 4-5 months... real life was
getting in the way of my coding. I think I will make some windows
programs to test with, and possibly an installer for the compiler and
bin utils, (I haven't tried it with the newest gcc), I would love to
get rid of all of the gotos in the code... never liked them, and it
should have been banned to begin with.

> can we run simple win32 apps ?

yes. but most of the api has not been coded, so... just a matter of
figuring out what a function in windows does and implementing it the
way be does it (used to do it???).

> And what about "win4haiku" ? :-D

Win4Be had to relocate memory because of where BeOS stored its kernel heap.
Win4Haiku (Hopefully, due to the complexity of the subject, and my
limited time) will not. still not sure on if it should be called
win4haiku or not... could be a confusing issue for some people... I
could just detect the kernel version and then have the relocation
routine just return the same value... or maybe an init file?