[openbeos] Win4Be on Haiku???

  • From: Brian Hague <alphaseinor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 19:55:31 -0500

Hello all,

Since I am mostly a reclusive person, everyone must think I have
died... I have not been working hard on programming win4be, there is
quite a lot to do and I guess I just needed a little break.

Can anyone tell me what memory space haiku will be using for it's
kernel heap (I understand the kernel space is not the same as in BeOS
R5 (0x00400000))?

I am hoping to eliminate all of the memory relocation routines from
the code. I am debating dropping R5 support alltogether, I just get
more than a little confused by 300,000 case statements (okay maybe not
that many 87) (see CoffDynReloc.cpp for more info).

I am now at "broadcast depth", and I am going back into the matrix for
a steak...

Alphasenor