[openbeos] Re: What happened to BeOS in your OpenBeOS plans?

  • From: "Brian Matzon" <maillinglists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 09:25:29 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Timothy Covell" <timothy.covell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> While I'm not a programmer by trade, all that I can say is that
> I don't trust any code from a programmer who can't figure out
> how to get make to work.   Sure it's a pain in the @ss, but
> make is fundamental to the GCC project and BeOS uses
> GCC.
Bah! - Make files are not all they're cracked up to be.

Take Java for instance, I would never use a make file for
compiling, when Java has Ant (A far superior buildsystem!)

It doesn't really matter how/what/why/when as long as the build
system can be automated. As long as Ant isn't available to
C/C++, I'd go for Jam too.

/Brian Matzon